1. Add the corn kernels and milk to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the sweetener, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the flour and oil to a small skillet; stir continually over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble and slightly thicken.
3. Pour the flour/oil mixture into the corn kernels and milk. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until thickened and creamy. (This will thicken even more if left to sit for an additional several minutes. Keep covered but removed from the heat.)
1. Add the flour, baking powder, coriander, cumin, and salt to a mixing bowl; stir well.
2. Add the creamed corn, chia egg, and water to the dry ingredients; mix thoroughly.
3. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet, and using a ¼ cup, pour the batter into the hot oil. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the underside is golden. Turn over, flatten with a spatula, and cook until the other side is golden and the cake is cooked through. Serve hot and crispy.
Grind 2 tablespoons of chia seed in a small coffee grinder. Add the ground seeds to a small bowl and pour in 1 cup of water; whisk immediately. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes or until the seeds have thickened nicely into a gel. ¼ cup of chia egg is equal to 1 egg. Store all leftovers in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Grinding 1¼ cups of rolled oats will equal the same amount of oat flour. A small coffee grinder does the trick beautifully!